Ride-Share Waiting Zone
The designated holding area for Canberra Airport is located in the Majura Park Shopping Centre car park.
Proceed along Majura Road to the pick-up bays shown in the Driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
Access the Express Pick-up Area at Canberra Airport. You must have an Airport Access Card to enable airport pick-ups. This can be obtained through Ola. You can request a card to be mailed through this form.
Alternatively, drop into the Ola Canberra office during open hours.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated waiting zone. This will appear in your app. The job requests will be assigned based on your turn in the queue.
- Leave the holding area when you receive a request and proceed to the designated Rideshare pick-up bay at the airport; the driver app will assist you to get there. Note: this is the only area for Ola drivers to pick up riders.
● Pick-up from the Express pick-up car park, located on the ground floor of the green indoor car park accessible via George Tyson Drive.
It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and ensure they're at the correct pick-up location.
- Once your rider arrives, start the trip and make your way towards their destination. You can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three (3) minutes.
- You must comply with airport terms and conditions. Failure to do so, may result in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
Passengers can be dropped off along the upper roadway, a short walk to the upper level Departures Hall and airline check-in points.
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated waiting area. If you go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off, you will lose your turn automatically.
- Canberra Airport does not provide toilet facilities. Drivers are required to plan comfort breaks prior to arriving at the airport. In case of emergency, toilets are available at the airport terminals or Marjura Park Shopping Centre.
Drivers who temporarily leave the waiting area to use terminal toilets must park in the short term car park - the standard rate will be applied. Drivers doing so will retain their place in the virtual queue to be eligible for a pick-up request when they return to the waiting area.