Ride-Share Waiting Zone
The designated holding area for Avalon Airport is located on the left side of the airport roadway just before you reach the terminal. This is off Beach Road.
You should follow the one-way road to the dedicated rideshare pick-up zone to pick-up riders, once it is your turn in the queue.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated holding area. The job requests will be assigned to you based on your turn in the queue. Your queue number will appear in your app. You must be in the holding area to be eligible to accept rides.
- You should leave the holding area when you receive a request. Proceed to the designated Rideshare pick-up zone at the airport. In order to do so, the driver app will assist you to reach the pick up zone.
Customer pick-up is at the first car park in the public pick-up area just outside the Departures Terminal
It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and ensure they are at the correct pick-up location.
- Once your customer arrives, you can start the trip and make your way towards the rider's destination. Please note that you can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three minutes.
- In accordance with the Airport Terms & Conditions, you must comply with all directions or requests made by the airport and its representatives. Please note that failure to follow directions of airport personnel is an incident which results in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
For each airport pickup, there is an additional $3.00 airport fee which will be added to riders’ overall fare. This fee will be paid to the airport directly.
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated holding area. If you go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off, you will lose your turn automatically.
- Avalon Airport does not provide comfort facilities in the rideshare waiting zone.
- Use of the designated holding area is free. No charges apply for parking at the ride-share holding area