Ride-Share Waiting Zone
The designated holding area for Gold Coast Airport is located on Eastern Avenue. The entrance is located on Airport Drive.
Proceed along Terminal Drive to the Gold Coast Airport pick up area shown in the Driver app as soon as you receive a job request.
- You will be placed in the virtual queue as soon as you enter the designated holding area. This will appear in your app. The job requests will be assigned based on your turn in the queue.
- Once you receive a request, proceed to the designated Gold Coast airport pick-up area; the driver app will assist you to reach the pick-up bay. Note: this is the only area you are able to pick-up riders.
● The pick-up zone is located in front of the international arrivals area, in the outer lane for 'Authorised Ride Booking Vehicles'.
It’s a good idea to contact your rider to confirm that you are on the way and that they're at the correct pick-up location.
- Once your rider arrives, start the trip and make your way towards their destination. You can wait in the designated pick-up bay up to three (3) minutes.
- You must comply with airport terms and conditions. Failure to do so, may result in driver banning.
Sequence for Airport pick‑up
For each airport pick-up, there is an additional $3.00 airport fee which will be added to riders’ overall fare. This fee will be paid to the airport directly.
- You will keep your turn in the queue as long as you are in the designated waiting area. If you go offline, leave the airport, or turn your phone off, you will lose your turn automatically.
- Gold Coast Airport does not provide toilet facilities.
Toilets are available at the airport terminals. Drivers who temporarily leave the waiting area to use terminal toilets must park in the short term car park - the standard rate will be applied. Drivers doing so will retain their place in the virtual queue to be eligible for a pick-up request when they return to the waiting area.
- Use of the designated waiting area is free. No charges apply for parking at the rideshare waiting area.