Often drivers are unsure of what kinds of conversations and behaviours they should have when riders are taking a trip with Ola.
Here are some tips on how to ensure a safe and secure ride for you and your rider:
- Ask the rider’s name to ensure they are the correct person
- Ask if the rider if they need help with luggage
- Ensure all seat belts are fastened before commencing your trip
- Ask the customer any personal questions, for example: if they are single or married, have children, where they work etc.
- Make comments about their appearance
- Make physical contact or touch a rider
- Engage in any inappropriate conversations, especially of a sexual nature, even if the rider is doing so. You can respectfully decline to make any comments.
- Ask a rider out on a date, or for their phone number
Please remember sexual harassment is unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature, which makes a person feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.
The way in which you behave with a rider could be perceived as sexual harassment even if you did not intend to offend, humiliate or intimidate the other person.
Ola has a zero-tolerance to sexual harassment. If you are unsure about your obligations as an Ola driver, please consult our driver anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policy in the driver guidelines section of our website.