Ola requires all drivers to maintain a high standard of passenger service. Exceptional passenger service is essential for achieving a high performance and quality service by drivers. Drivers get only one chance at a first impression so it is very important for you to provide excellent passenger service. This will allow you to receive good ratings and the passenger to take an Ola ride with you again.
passenger service covers all aspects of your dealings with passengers. Here are a few tips and recommendations from Ola on passenger service.
Hygiene and cleanliness
- Be neatly attired in casual apparel with clean clothing.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene and grooming standards. Shower daily, brush teeth and hair, and use a deodorant. Do not use spray deodorisers that get into the seat fabric and is passed on to the passengers’ clothes.
- Keep your vehicle clean inside and out and free from defects including visible dents and scratches.
- Treat passengers with dignity and respect at all times.
- Accept differences in culture, language, religion, accents, gender and speech patterns.
- Greetings of passengers should be polite, respectful and well mannered. Even if your day is not going as well as expected, keep smiling you will be amazed at how your good attitude rubs off on the passengers.
- Provide assistance to the passenger such as by helping with loading and unloading of passenger items (groceries, luggage, walkers).
- Manage passenger items in a safe manner taking into account manual handling best practices.
- Focus on your passenger at all times.
- Politely confirm your passenger’s destination and if you don’t know it, ask the passenger more questions. Never guess the destination.
- When using navigational aids like GPS and street directories, always confirm the route with the passenger first to avoid any misunderstandings. The passenger’s way is always the best way.
- Do not proactively ask for ‘tips’ from the passenger.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner (two hands on the wheel) and comply with road rules
- Use equipment in your vehicle also in a safe and professional manner.
- Do not stop your vehicle for refuelling during the journey. All refuels should be done before accepting a service request or after completing a trip.
- Do not make any personal stops during the journey unless it is for an emergency.
- Always be mindful of the passenger’s preferences and do not play loud music (above mid-level of the stereo) or music through any kind of earphone device.
- Respect passengers’ privacy and only engage in personal conversation with passengers if passengers start the conversation. Be mindful of the fact that passengers may appear to be friendly but may dislike personal questions.
- Do not take any personal calls while the passenger is in the vehicle except in the event of an emergency or when you are required to navigate to the passenger’s destination.
- Always strive to reach the pickup point before pickup time. You must notify the passenger if you are delayed and when you expect to reach the pickup point.