Your Ola trips are insured
Ola is proud to provide support for drivers, should something happen while driving on the Ola platform.
Ola offers driver insurance that will support cover eligible drivers who experience an accident while driving on the Ola platform.
This service is provided through Accidental and Health International (AHI)
This policy has been designed by Ola to best help drivers. It provides you additional support in addition to your own personal insurance coverage, so that you are protected when driving with Ola.
Our driver commitment
Your safety when driving with Ola, is our concern 24/7 and our commitment to delivering the support and coverage you need, is important to us.
Ola verifies all drivers and riders. We know so you know, the details of your rider, so we can be your trusted support on the road.
Your Ola insurance policy
1. All Ola trips are insured
All drivers are covered by a contingent liability policy that works with your own compulsory third party (CTP) injury cover. This provides extra protection for you. This contingent insurance policy ensures that every Ola trip is covered and that riders and other road users are protected in the event of an accident.
2. Driver support insurance
Ola provides driver support insurance for certain personal injuries, helping to cover drivers should something happen while driving with Ola.
3. Confidential counselling support
Ola is committed to being a great brand to work with.
To best empower you to be your own boss and work with flexibility, we are happy to provide support for drivers to create a positive experience, wellbeing and safety.
Ola offers counselling support for drivers to ensure access is available to confidential and professional services, should something happen while driving on the Ola platform.
This service is accessible through Ola’s partnership agreement with Converge, at no cost to drivers and with no hidden fees.
This is our commitment to you.
Support services for you
In the unlikely event that an incident occurs while driving on the Ola platform, drivers may be eligible to receive professional and confidential counselling services. Please contact our Driver Support team to discuss this further with any support you may require.
The provision of these services are assessed based on best managing and supporting you.
Your safety is our concern 24/7 and our commitment to delivering this confidential service through our partnership with Converge, is quality assured with procedures in place to ensure your security at all times.
4. Personal Injury Coverage – OLA
If you’re one of the many eligible¹ drivers who use the Ola app to access flexible earning opportunities in NZ, you will be automatically covered under an insurance policy with AHI for certain accidental injuries that arise from an on-trip accident (subject to the terms of the policy).
This includes lump sum payments for certain common injuries (broken bones), permanent disability and accidental death compensation, and reimbursement or lump sum benefits in certain events such as hospitalisation or assault.
We will also as an added benefit also have rides insured as well.
¹ Terms, conditions and additional eligibility criteria may apply.
5. You’re covered if you can’t work – Ola
Driver support insurance provides inconvenience compensation in the event that you are accidentally injured while on-trip and a doctor certifies that you are unable to work as a result.²
² Benefit of $150 per day, for up to 45 days. See policy for more details as an excess does apply.
What are the key features of cover?
The on-trip driver support insurance policy provides cover for specific events that occur while an eligible driver is on-trip (see FAQ below for further information).
Cover includes lump sum payments for injuries (broken bones), permanent disability and accidental death, and reimbursement or lump sum cover in certain events such as hospitalisation or assault.
The key features of eligible claims are summarised below.
- Inconvenience payment (hospitalisation): A lump sum payment if you are admitted to hospital within 5 days of sustaining an injury arising from on-trip accident.
- Inconvenience payment (injury): A daily fixed sum for up to 45 days if you are deemed medically unfit by a doctor to work as a result of an on-trip accident.
- Lump sum payments for certain injuries: A lump sum payment if you suffer from certain broken bone injuries as a result of an on-trip accident (the amount depends on the injury).
- Out of pocket expenses: Reimbursement of certain non-medical expenses (such as crutches and transportation) arising from the treatment of an injury as a result of an on-trip accident (excludes vehicle / bicycle associated costs).
- Assault benefit: A lump sum payment in the event of an unprovoked on-trip assault resulting in an injury, a police report and criminal charges being laid against the perpetrator.
- Disability payments: A lump sum payment for permanent disability as a result of an on-trip accident (the amount depends on the disability).
- Childcare support: Reimbursement of the costs of a registered child care provider (if it is required) if you are permanently disabled as a result of an on-trip accident (see policy details for qualifying events).
- Death and funeral payments: A lump sum accidental death payment and reimbursement of funeral expenses to dependents or heirs as a result of an on-trip accident resulting in death.
For further details please read the PDS
Personal Injury Insurance
Ola recommends that drivers consider managing their own insurance requirements in addition to the coverage from Ola. This will ensure that all circumstances important to you and your business are suitably managed.
For enquiries, please refer to your chosen insurance provider.
Note: a driver is covered by their own personal car insurance when not driving on the Ola platform. This means that the driver app is turned off and you are not actively accepting rides with Ola.
All cars driven by New Zealand ridesharing drivers must be:
- road registered and insured in your city of residence, and
- insured for a minimum of third party property damage, with the driver as the policyholder or named insured driver.