ETA Challenge Auckland –
Terms & Conditions
1.Challenge terms and conditions:
A) Subject to the terms and conditions of this offer, any customer in Auckland (NZ):
i. who makes a booking request on their Ola app for a ride during the Challenge Period; and
ii. who, at the time of making the booking request, sets the pick up point on their Ola app in a Pick Up Location within the Challenge Zone; and
iii. who either:
1) is picked up by an Ola driver outside of the Pick Up Time Challenge Window; or
2) is not picked up by any Ola driver due to the driver refusing or cancelling their acceptance of the request for a non-valid reason after the Pick Up Time Challenge Window start time; and
iv. who does not cancel their booking request and completes the ride, is entitled to a 50% discount on the fare of their next ride.
B) Challenge Period means the period starting on 00:00 12 October 2020 local time and ending on 23:59 22 November 2020 local time.
C) Challenge Zone means the pick up location zone within which this offer applies, being Auckland Central as depicted in the zone map below.
D) Pick Up Location means the pick up point set by the customer on their Ola app at the time of making the booking request. For the avoidance of doubt, this offer does not apply to a customer:
i. who changes their pick up location after making the booking request; or
ii. who contacts the driver to arrange for a pick up at a different pick up location after making the booking request; or
iii. who contacts the driver to direct the driver to a different pick up location after making the booking request; or
iv. who is not at the Pick Up Location at the time the car arrives at the Pick Up Location in accordance with clause 1(e)(ii).
E) Pick Up Time Challenge Window means, for the purposes of determining whether the customer is entitled to the 50% discount of the fare on their next ride or otherwise, the time of 4 minutes:
i. starting at the time the first car is allocated to the customer, being the time the customer receives the notification “Your ride is on the way” in their Ola app; and
ii. ending at the time the car arrives at the Pick Up Location, being the time the customer receives the notification “Your driver is here” in their Ola app.
F) For the purposes of clause 1(a)(iii)(2), for the avoidance of doubt, “non-valid reason” does not include any of the following reasons:
i. the driver had reason to believe that accepting the booking request would jeopardise the driver’s safety or the safety of the customer or any other third party; or
ii. the customer was in breach of any of Ola’s customer terms and conditions; or
iii. the driver had any other valid reason to cancel their acceptance of the booking request in accordance with the Ola driver agreement.
2. Discount terms and conditions:
A) The 50% discount will automatically be applied on the customer’s next ride.
B) The discount is capped at $10 and can only be used on a single ride and excludes booking fee, tolls and other third party charges.
C) Subject to the other clauses on this page, the discount may only be redeemed within 2 weeks from receipt of the discount, being the Redemption Period.
3. Notwithstanding any other terms on this page, this offer may be withdrawn at any time at Ola’s sole discretion.
4. This offer is not valid with any other offer or promotion and is not transferable or redeemable.
5. A fair use policy applies and Ola reserves the right to limit the offer if Ola considers the customer to have attempted to use or apply the offer in excessive amounts.
6. Ola standard coupon and customer terms and conditions apply.
Challenge Zone map: