Ola New Zealand – Sign Up Terms and Conditions
1. (a) We will collect the personal information that you include or make available to us during your application and registration process and use of the “OLA” application/website, such as your contact details, the city you live in, your vehicle and licence details and banking information.
2. (b) We may also obtain personal information about you from third parties, for example, from government and law enforcement agencies and our service providers as part of our assessment and verification processes in connection with your application.
3. (c) We may collect and use your information including personal information for all purposes reasonably connected with your application and our assessment of your application, including the identification and document verification and driving history, background and criminal history checks for which We may charge you a background verification or vehicle inspection fee as incurred by us and will communicate it to you from time to time. In the event your background verification is successful, we shall deduct the verification fee from your ride earnings. If the verification is unsuccessful, you are required to pay the verification fee directly to the third party verification agent. For example, we will use and disclose your personal information to verify your vehicle and licence details, set up your account and also contact you regarding your process. This includes sending you communications from time to time to remind you complete your application if it is incomplete or if we need more information from you.
5. (e) If your application is rejected, withdrawn or remains inactive for a period of 6 months, we will hold your personal information for a period of 12 months after your application is withdrawn, rejected or is inactive for that period. We do this for record keeping purposes and to assist you with future or renewed applications.
6. (f) We may disclose your personal information to our related entities and third party service providers (our service providers) whom we engage for the purposes contemplated above. We require our service providers to agree to appropriate privacy restrictions, and only permit them to access personal information to the extent needed to provide goods or services to us. Some recipients of your personal information or their processing agents may be located overseas. This includes our related entity, ANI Technologies Private Ltd. of Regent Insignia,
7. (g) We may also disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement agencies, for example to verify whether you are permitted to drive in your chosen city of operation and/or have a criminal record.
8. (h) We may use your personal information for contacting you regarding our offers, discounts, incentive schemes and promotions.
9. (i) We may provide you with a free android device on a temporary basis to enable you to provide services on our platform which you are required to return immediately upon our request. In the event the device is damaged while in your possession we will be entitled to collect the market rate of such device from you.
10. (j) While you are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information, you will, unfortunately, not be able to use the OLA application or become a driver with OLA if you do not provide us with the personal information we ask you to provide.
DISCLAIMER: These sign up terms and conditions govern the relationship between You and Us prior to Your successful on- boarding upon Our platform. Once you have been successfully on boarded after document verification, background verification and vehicle inspection (as applicable), Our driver-partner terms and conditions will apply to You.