Safety is the first priority for drivers and customers. Ola has a strict policy on the management of driver fatigue and require all drivers to comply with this policy by taking appropriate breaks and rests at regular periods.
Fatigue is one of the primary causes of road-related accidents and a failure on the part of drivers to ensure that drivers have adequate rest puts not only the driver’s safety at risk but that of our customers and the public.
Fatigue Management Guidelines
New Zealand regulations limit the number of work time hours that drivers with a P Endorsement can undertake. Please note: when a driver is logged in and online on the Driver App, this is considered driving and / or a work related activity.
Small passenger service drivers must adhere to the following work time requirements:
- Drivers must not be logged in and online for more than 14 hours in any 24 hour period
- Drivers must take a 30 min break after 7 hours driving
- Drivers must take a 10 hour break in any 24 hour period
- More information on the NZTA requirements can be found on the NZTA website: Work time and logbooks for small passenger service drivers
Logmate is a New Zealand Transport Agency approved Electronic Logbook and Compliance platform which allows drivers to do the following:
- Mobile Drivers Logbook application – which replaces the need for traditional paper logbooks and provides a tool that assists Drivers to ensure they are working within the prescribed work-time limits; and
- Web Administration portals – which enables each type of user e.g. drivers and transport operators, to manage their account, logbooks and vehicles.
Ola recognises that drivers may have other forms of employment that will contribute to the total hours worked each day by a driver in addition to driving for Ola.
Ola recommends that all work-related duties should be factored into a driver’s working day when adhering to this policy.
Fatigue Assessment Checklist
In addition to our recommendations above, Ola requires all drivers to review this checklist prior to logging on the Ola platform each time to assess the driver’s fitness to provide transport services to our customers.