Safety is a top priority for Ola. The safety of drivers, passengers and members of the public are paramount. Ola is committed to encouraging and maintaining a good safety culture where our drivers are concerned through providing training and ensuring competency. A good safety culture incorporates the way in which safety is effectively managed with our drivers, and reflects the attitudes, beliefs, perceptions and values that drivers share in relation to safety.
It is critical that drivers take responsibility for their own driving performance. Dangerous or hazardous driving performance has the potential to place passengers and the public at risk. In the event of any breaches of legal and contractual obligations relating to safety by a driver, Ola has implemented a Driver Sanctions and Reactivation Policy under which all drivers who fail to meet our expectations may receive warning notices and ultimately, be subject to sanction or termination from the Ola platform.
Ola aims to achieve this goal via:
- Active involvement and commitment with drivers by Ola Australia representatives
- Provision of all necessary information and training
- Ongoing assessment of drivers’ fitness and authority for active service
- Consultation and communication with drivers on safety issues
- Ongoing identification and control of hazards including physical and security threats
- Development and implementation of procedures for all activities that pose a risk
- Investigation and reporting of all accidents and dangerous incidents
- Provision of emergency procedures.
Ola’s Safety Management System (SMS) is the primary mechanism for implementing and monitoring these activities.
Drivers are responsible for operating and maintaining their rideshare vehicles in a manner that ensures the safety of the drivers, passengers and pedestrians, which abides with the legislative requirements of the driver’s state of operations and Ola’s Safety Management System requirements.
The following are the responsibilities of drivers:
- Ensure the care, safety and comfort of customers.
- Drive the vehicle economically and carefully in accordance with relevant road laws and policies.
- Report all notifiable occurrences to Ola Driver Care. Notifiable occurrences include incidents that involve the following circumstances:
- the death of any person
- the serious injury of any person
- attendance by police
- attendance by a health or medical professional
- where a person is taken in an ambulance.
- Accurately complete all necessary recording procedures i.e. daily journals, time records, customer loading data, fuel and charter records.
- Complete daily vehicle pre-departure checks.
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean condition.
- Not drive or attempt to drive under the influence of Drugs or Alcohol. A maximum Blood Alcohol Limit of 0.00 applies to rideshare drivers.
- Report any matters relevant to the currency of your driver’s licence, insurance or driver authority to Ola Australia (including traffic offences and criminal charges) by this contact form.
- Not drive or attempt to drive if there are any health or medical issues that may affect your fitness to drive.
- Complete any training you are enrolled in on the www.olatraining.com platform within a reasonable timeframe. Drivers are enrolled in the below five training modules upon being onboarded:
- Module 1 – COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness
- Module 2 – Driver and Vehicle Safety
- Module 3 – Customer Service
- Module 4 – Anti-discrimination & Sexual Harassment
- Module 5 – Disability Awareness
Ola will keep and maintain a record of driver training progress for the purposes of compliance and enforcement action where necessary.
Acknowledgment and agreement
I have read, acknowledged and agree to, the above Driver Training and Competency Policy and to abide by the responsibilities outlined.
If you have any questions or comments regarding anything in this document or if you require further information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.