Ola New Zealand driver earnings and payments
An introductory commission rate of 9% is accessible by all new drivers. This is valid for the first 30 days of driving with Ola and on all completed trips.
A standard commission rate of 18% is available to all drivers with Ola at the conclusion of the introductory period. This enables drivers to retain 82% of the fare total, excluding fees, tolls & other charges.
Ola extends incentive and reward schemes to drivers from time to time. This provides the opportunity to increase the earning potential with Ola for a specified period.
Incentive and reward schemes include, but are not limited to:
- Power Zones
- Customer Peak
- Booking based offers
- Referral offers
Your payment for each day of driving with Ola, is paid on the following day as a direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
You can expect to receive your incentive reward payments, within 5 working days after the incentive period has concluded. You can view your incentive reward earnings in your driver app under the Rewards feature.
Note: Incentive payments will not be processed on an a weekend (Saturday / Sunday). Weekend incentive rewards will be paid by the immediate Friday following that weekend.
Payments to Ola
Ola may pay for costs on your behalf, to fast-track your on-boarding process for:
1. PI – Vehicle Inspection Cost (physical inspection);
2. BGV – Background Verification;
3. Both PI & BGV;
Payments made on your behalf will be deducted from your earnings as set out in the driver terms & conditions:
(c) … we may charge you a background verification or vehicle inspection fee as incurred by us and will communicate it to you from time to time.
This deduction will appear in the Driver Earnings tab of your Ola driver app.
Excluding costs paid for by Ola on your behalf, there are no payments required to be made by the driver to Ola New Zealand.
Ola New Zealand raises two invoices only:
1. Ola facilitating the invoice from driver to the customer for the passenger transportation service.
2. Ola New Zealand’s invoice to the customer for convenience fee (this includes CTP and passenger levy).
Ola directly collects its fee from the customer. There is no receipt by the driver in the current scenario.
The total income that is reported by the driver is his gross income.
Ola suggests that a driver does not cancel accepted rides often.
The ride cancellation option is given only to handle unavoidable situations like a personal emergency (or) vehicle breakdown.
Where you need to cancel a ride, we recommend the following actions:
1. Once you reach your pick up location, wait 5 (five) minutes for the rider
2. If the rider does not appear, call them to inform your arrival at their nominated location
3. If the rider is non-responsive, you can cancel the ride*
4. Where a Driver frequently cancels rides, the driver account may be blocked
* Pending review of the circumstance, a cancellation fee of $10 will be charged to the customer and provided to the driver.
Refer and earn program
Ola drivers are eligible for referral rewards from time to time. Refer and Earn programs provide the opportunity to increase your earning potential with Ola, simply by referring a new driver or customer to Ola.
Driver to customer referral program
Earn bonus cash payments and ride credits to your Ola customer account with each new customer you refer to Ola.
- retrieve your unique referral code from your Ola customer app.
- share your referral code – this is a unique code assigned to only you
- find your unique customer code under the ‘Share your referral code’ category
- share your code with your OWN friends & family, OR other rideshare customers that want a great offer from you!
once the customer downloads the Ola app and uses YOUR referral code, THEY receive a ride credit PLUS, YOU receive a ride credit in your own Ola customer account AND a cash bonus in your Ola driver account!
Ola uses power zones to boost your earnings on the go!
Q: What is a PowerZone?
A: A PowerZone guarantees you an assured peak rate that will boost your earnings and assist you to identify high demand zones in designated times.
Q: How do I know about PowerZones in my City?
A: When a PowerZones is ‘active’ in your City, a Power Zone button will appear at the top of your screen on the Driver App. Click it to see the designated locations.
Q: How do I see PowerZones in the driver App?
A: These are highlighted on the map in the App during designated times
Q: How do I see my extra earning from PowerZones rates?
A: The PowerZone ratio is shown on the invoice to notify you about the extra earning. This appears once you have completed the ride.
During rush hours, fares might increase and fares will be higher than normal to ensure those who need a ride can get one.
As an Ola driver, peak pricing means higher fares and a steady stream of ride requests. Please note that:
- Whenever rates are raised due to peak pricing, Ola will inform customers in the customer app – visible by a small arrow next to the vehicle category.
- The peak pricing shown on the map is the minimum peak ratio to customer fare that drivers will be eligible for in the specified area. Any customer booking which has a higher peak than shown on the map will also automatically be passed on to the driver.