A standard commission rate of 18% is available to all drivers with Ola. This enables drivers to retain 82% of the fare total, excluding fees, tolls & other charges in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch
Ola extends incentive and reward schemes to drivers from time to time. This provides the opportunity to increase the earning potential with Ola for a specified period.
Incentive and reward schemes include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Peak
- Booking based offers
- Referral offers
- Promotions and Campaigns
Your payment for each day of driving with Ola, is paid on the following day as a direct deposit into your nominated bank account.
You can expect to receive your incentive reward payments, within 5 working days after the incentive period has concluded. You can view your incentive reward earnings in your driver app under the Rewards feature.
Note: Incentive payments will not be processed on a weekend (Saturday / Sunday). Weekend incentive rewards will be paid by the immediate Friday following that weekend.
Drivers should expect a delay in payments when Public or Bank Holidays occur in their City. This will typically occur on the following business day.
Payments to Ola
On occasion, Ola may pay for costs on your behalf, to fast-track your on-boarding process for:
1. PI – Vehicle Inspection Cost (physical inspection);
2. BGV – Background Verification;
3. Both PI & BGV;
Payments made on your behalf will be deducted from your earnings as set out in the driver terms & conditions:
(c) … we may charge you a background verification or vehicle inspection fee as incurred by us and will communicate it to you from time to time.
This deduction will appear in the Driver Earnings tab of your Ola driver app.
Excluding costs paid for by Ola on your behalf, there are no payments required to be made by the driver to Ola New Zealand.
Ola New Zealand raises two invoices only:
1. Ola facilitating the invoice from driver to the customer for the passenger transportation service.
2. Ola New Zealand’s invoice to the customer for convenience fee (this includes CTP and passenger levy).
Ola directly collects its fee from the customer. There is no receipt by the driver in the current scenario.
The total income that is reported by the driver is his gross income.
Ola suggests that a driver does not cancel accepted rides often.
The ride cancellation option is given only to handle unavoidable situations like a personal emergency (or) vehicle breakdown.
Where you need to cancel a ride, we recommend the following actions:
1. Once you reach your pick up location, wait 5 (five) minutes for the rider
2. If the rider does not appear, call them to inform your arrival at their nominated location
3. If the rider is non-responsive, you can cancel the ride*
4. Where a Driver frequently cancels rides, the driver account may be blocked
* Pending review of the circumstance, a cancellation fee of $10 will be charged to the customer and provided to the driver, minus 18% commission
Refer and Earn program
Ola drivers are eligible for referral rewards from time to time. Refer and Earn programs provide the opportunity to increase your earning potential with Ola, simply by referring a new driver or customer to Ola.
Driver to Customer referral program
Earn bonus cash payments and ride credits to your Ola customer account with each new customer you refer to Ola.
- retrieve your unique referral code from your Ola customer app.
- share your referral code – this is a unique code assigned to only you
- find your unique customer code under the ‘Share your referral code’ category
- share your code with your OWN friends & family, OR other rideshare customers that want a great offer from you!
once the customer downloads the Ola app, uses YOUR referral code & takes their first ride, THEY receive a ride credit PLUS, YOU receive a ride credit in your own Ola customer account AND a cash bonus in your Ola driver account!
The Rewards feature in your Ola driver app houses all incentive ‘rewards’ you are eligible for.
Check the Rewards feature – located at the bottom of your driver app screen- regularly, to review the incentives that are valid for you and track your Rewards earned.
During rush hours, fares might increase and will be higher than normal to ensure those who need a ride can get one.
As an Ola driver, peak pricing means higher fares and a steady stream of ride requests. Please note that:
- Whenever rates are raised due to peak pricing, Ola will inform customers in the customer app – visible by a small arrow next to the vehicle category
- The peak information shown is indicative, and not guaranteed